Friday, November 18, 2011

Mint Green and Charcoal Log Cabin

Eccentric Log Cabin Wall Hanging
Charcoal and Mint Green Juxtaposition

These vintage Log Cabin quilt blocks were a discovery on a recent thrifting/treasure hunt. The color combination caught my interest, and I decided to honor the artist who made the blocks by completing a wallhanging. I am also somewhat infatuated with the black and white polka dot binding! Well, actually quite a lot. 


These colors together make me "feel good"! Don't know why, but they do! So, I made an Etsy Treasury Collection, too! For me, treasury making is "sortof"  like making a digital quilt, but I digress.


Steve Jobs quote
"Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it. They just saw something."


I'm familiar with that guilty feeling. And sometimes it's a quilty feeling! ;-) Actually, I like feeling a little guilty when I've been waxing creative...because it means (to me) that it wasn't just "me" there.


 ~*~

No comments: