Sunday, August 21, 2016

the deep spring that is inside us...

"…. Dadirri. It is inner, deep listening and quiet, still awareness. Dadirri recognizes the deep spring that is inside us. We call on it and it calls to us … When I experience dadirri, I am made whole again. I can sit on the riverbank or walk through the trees; even if someone close to me has passed away, I can find my peace in this silent awareness.
My people today recognize and experience in this quietness the great Life-Giving spirit...... It is easy for me to experience God’s presence. When I am out hunting, when I am in the bush, among the trees, on a hill or by a billabong; these are the times when I can simply be in God’s presence. My people have been so aware of Nature. It is natural that we will feel close to the Creator."
~Miriam Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann
Coolangatta sunrise

No comments: