Tuesday, June 3, 2014

exchanging Love...that's what it's all about!

(via facebook)
"I remember, early one morning several years ago, while working as a home carer, I found myself washing feces off a man’s giant, swollen testicles. He was dying of cancer which had spread throughout his testicles and prostate, and in the night he had defecated himself and rolled all around in the mess. We laughed a lot together and we chatted about football and the latest news stories as I cleaned him up. He could barely move, he was so sore and swollen everywhere. He was myself in disguise.

He had a few weeks to live, but he was so alive, so in the here-and-now, without a trace of self-pity. There was no loss of dignity there – there was just what was happening in the moment. He had somehow found a way to deeply accept his circumstances, even though his life had not turned out the way he had dreamed when he was younger and he had time to dream. It took over two hours to get him ready for his day, to hoist him out of his dirty bed, to get him toileted and dressed and into his favourite chair. He didn’t live for long after that. But I will always remember him.
Even when covered in our own shit and without a tomorrow, we are nothing less than divine."

~ Jeff Foster

Jeff Foster
_/l\_ _/l\_ _/l\_

Oriental Scene Zipper Purse 
 The blog is not a source of income for me. 
I make Zafu Meditation Cushions and Zipper Purses to sell on etsy.com

No comments: