Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Reber Rock Farm - Kiva Zip Loan...

"Reber Rock Farm is an 88-acre draft powered farm on the southern edge of the Reber Valley in Essex, NY. Using our draft horses for field preparation, cultivation and harvesting we produce grassfed beef, pasture raised pork, chicken and turkey, draft wood, vegetables, spelt, corn, dry beans, garlic and a plethora of value-added products including sunflower oil, maple syrup, pickles, sauces, frozen vegetables and farm-made soap. We feed only organic grain to our animals, and use no pesticides, hormones or insecticides. We work with draft horses because we believe their presence on the farm is good for the land, the air and our souls"

Fab Four (imo!)
 Racey Bingham and Nathan Henderson,
Gwen Jamison and Chad Vogel

~~~~~~~~
 
I grew up on a 90 acre farm. I support as many small farmers as I can through Kiva Kip loans. Usually the banks won't fund small farmers. 

Kiva Zip loans are non-interest bearing loans. They carry more re-payment risk than Kiva loans. My thinking is that I can risk a $5.00 amount per loan. If the loan isn't paid back in full then I haven't lost more than a few dollars. And, I have helped people who work hard to bring a good quality of food to the community table.

No comments: