Friday, February 17, 2012

Garden Notes

Re-Growth of Celery and Brussels Sprouts(?)
Yesterday, I potted my little celery plant that is growing from the cut-off celery stalk. For another example see: http://chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/re-growing-celery/ 
I also noticed  brussel sprouts  leaves growing in the area where I throw garden waste, and saw  roots growing from the side of the trunk, so decided to plant that too - just out of curiosity! We are moving towards the summer months already & since it's a cold weather plant I don't have unrealistic expectations. 
Cat Water Dish & Comfrey Plant
The comfrey plant has been experiencing a growth spurt this spring! I may begin harvesting a leaf here and there to dry soon.

1 comment:

AkasaWolfSong said...

I'm definitely going to try the celery thing Sarah! I went over to eHow to find out how to get started yesterday...

Who knew? :)

Thanks for the heads up!!!