Monday, May 14, 2012

I Spy Quilt for a Boy

I was hoping we'd get some rain from the thunderstorm that passed through our area, but we were not so fortunate. I transplanted several of the volunteer basil plants into a separate bed this morning. On Saturday I picked 8 smallish bunches of parsley and took them to a local market to sell as part of their fundraising effort for the restoration of the Old General Store. The building also had a small post office. The exterior letter slot accomodated only a regular size envelope. It needs considerable rehabilitation but there is lots of history in that old building, and I'm delighted to see that the area people are determined to make it happen.

Firemen Heroes border print
Cars fabric for the back
Completely finished, and machine washed/dried this quilt now measures 40" W. x 46" L. 

No comments: