Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sepia Dream

Early this morning I had a dream that woke me up. First of all, in real life, I cannot swim - not even float. Last time I checked anyway! In the dream, I was crossing a river by walking on a long bridge that it seemed I crossed often. I was very familiar with it. There were no guide rails at the sides. It seemed like "they" had been re-doing the bridge, and the only way I could see where I was going was a straight thin line in the middle of the road. It was dusk, with everything in sepia colors. The farther I walked the less clearly I could see the line. It became snowy. The road, the river, the scenery all blended more or less into one seamless experience. The line disappeared. The bridge was now at the level of the river. Then I began to see patches in the snow. I could still faintly see the bank on the other side. Too late, I realized what the patches were. Holes. I stepped into a hole and sank down beneath the surface. I thought, OK...so this is where I finally have my drowning experience. I've had a lifelong fear of drowning in water. There was some kind of purple plaid wool encapsulation surrounding me, and much to my surprise I found I could actually breathe. My lungs were not filling up with water.  Still not quite trusting in the fact that I could breathe there I felt if I stayed still and just let myself be there I wouldn't use up the oxygen in my lungs or body. Then I woke up, and it was 5:00 A.M.
~~~
Despite my lifelong fear of some day drowning this dream was not frightening.
~~~
Drowning in Love is not to be feared.
~~~
The Bridge has been redone recently. It's easier now to crossover.
~~~
Yellow Rose from Circe's Garden

No comments: