Tuesday, April 25, 2017

a lesson in abundance...

~)(~
Sunday evening while at the laundromat I was given a lesson about "having more than enough" by a homeless person camped for the night in the doorway of a brick and mortar store. I'd seen him there before, so I assume he has an agreement with the store owner, but maybe not. I don't know. I asked him if he needed any money and he declined. He said "No, I'm good. I don't need anything" as he pulled his sleeping bag up close and puffed away on a tiny brown cigar. I believed him. Camping out next the laundromat where he has access to a bathroom, and just a few yards away from a convenience store, he may be homeless by choice. This may not be so very different than camping out, for him. I began making up a story in my head about him. But mostly, I got a lesson in when there's plenty - in the moment.
~)(~
 

No comments: