Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's All in the Bag!

Bags, bags! I do believe I've got a bag bug, and I do believe I like it! Did not make the yellow roses pillow next, but there is always tomorrow. So many miles to sew before I go...into the great mystery once more! Friday and Saturday nights I house/pet sit again for Pat, and back on Sunday evening to feed the dogs. Oh yes! the white shoulder bag is made from an upcycled New York mini skirt and an upcycled belt with rivets intact. It hangs in the right place on me. The little black number is made from scratch. One day I bought what I thought was a remnant of fabric, and discovered it was a section of shirred material ready to make a child's dress but only enough for one side. So, that shirred section became the front of this bag, lined of course to prevent stretching over time. And I even hand appliqued a butterfly design on it, padded lightly with cotton batting.

No comments: