Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Four Corners of the Sanctuary...

Four Corners Sanctuary...not officially named but still-that's how I think of my sewing room/studio. This morning I definitely knew that the day had come to get some organization going on in there. Fred just got bitten by fire ants on his legs. I heard him in the garage starting up the weedeater...things got quiet and then he made a mad rush to the shower. Well, to be very honest I thought he might of had an "accident"...no, not really, but the headlong rush did not bode well. For those of you who have never encountered fire ants or been stung by them-it's a really painful experience. Yikes! And when everything clears up there are still scars.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

So nice and neat. I love that big window. I could use one of those for my sewing room.

Anne said...

What a lovely work space! It makes me drool. Hope Fred is OK. Fire ants are horrible!

Sarah said...

Fred is doing fine-he heals quickly. I love my sewing room, and even more, I love sewing and making useful or decorative things.

Doris Sturm said...

Wow, your sewing room is so neat and tidy...you should see my little apartment. My apartment is so small that everything, except maybe the kitchen, is my work space. My yarn has just about totally moved me out of the bedroom...it's embarassing. I either need a bigger place or I need to hurry up and crochet more to use up all that yarn ;-)

And...oh, boy, do I know about fireants. I got bitten once by a whole slew of them - all at once - and by the time I got home, I was experiencing hot and cold chills. They got me good!

Anonymous said...

What a room! Very Nice!

I'm allergic to fire ants! Ouch!