Saturday, November 27, 2010

Love...When You Give, You will Receive

I saw this on facebook and it is so good...and had to be shared. Make sure you visit Fly Lady's website!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
by The FlyLady on Friday, November 26, 2010 at 3:09pm

Dear FlyLady,

I woke up this morning with a hole in the pit of my stomach and in my heart and everything seemed so negative. I wish I could say this was unusual but after a difficult childhood where I was only shown conditional love, it does happen pretty often. I have had some success in the past few months with changing my mood by concentrating on positive things and building myself up so decided to do this, as I did not want to stay in that horrible frame of mind! Now, this does require some work but it is very helpful.

I started by thinking about the things in my life I was grateful for and it did improve my mood a little but it was not enough. I asked myself what did I need to fill this hole in myself and the answer came back to me: 'Love'. I thought, well that's all very well, but I don't receive a huge amount of love in my life.. I am sure my husband loves me but he is not very good at showing it, so how was I supposed to fill myself with love? The answer came back to me: 'by giving love'. I kind of argued with this because how can you give something you don't feel or have? How can you give this away when your own cup is empty? I did not receive an answer to this question so decided to give it a go!

First of all I prayed for all the different people in my life and for the things I knew they needed such as: a new job, health, wisdom, peace and so on - I should say at this point that I don't follw any particular form of religion but find prayer to have a positive outcome. I then texted some friends and other people I know and wished them a good morning. This included wishing all the best to a friend's brother-in-law who is having an operation for cancer. You have to know that this is very unusual for me as I am not very sociable and do not usually initiate social contact.

And what do you know? I started feeling myself filling up with love and contentment! This was made even better when I started receiving replies to my texts... I was rather bemused by the whole thing and then suddenly realized the words of Eric Dodge's 'A Christmas Wish' were running through my head: 'Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me...!' I realized that this is what had happened - I wanted and needed love and instead of waiting to get - I gave it instead and as a result received it back threefold. What a wonderful thing! I feel like I've been hit over the head with a God-breeze and such a great one that I would like to pass it on... Best wishes and peace to all of you for this holiday season!!

FlyBaby B

******************************
FlyLady here; You are so right! It is up to us to get the ball rolling. If we want love we have to give it. It all starts with a phone call, text or simple little note dropped in the mail. You will receive what you give.

I am listening to Eric's Christmas Wish right now. I warms my heart. You can go listen to it too on our website.

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_eric_xmas.asp

No comments: