Monday, November 3, 2014

water the hearts of friends with Light...

(found this on my facebook feed this morning)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Water Things Constantly

I eat flowers now, and birds follow me.

I open myself like an inlet
and dolphin energies
swim on through.

Wherever I go, I remain silent
and the silence begins to glow
till one eye in the light
outsees two in the dark.

When asked, I now hesitate
for there are so many ways
to love the earth.

I water things now constantly:
water the hearts of dead friends with light,
the sores of the living with anything warm,
water the skies with a thousand affections
and follow the voices of animals
into grasses that move like ocean.

I eat flowers now and birds come.
I eat care and things to love arrive.

I eat time and as I age
whatever I swallow grows timeless.

I eat and undie
and water my doubts
with silence
and birds come.

~ Mark Nepo
 
also: 
 

"Seussian Loop"

(large abstract watercolor and ink)

available at AmyBaroneArt on etsy 

 

No comments: