Thursday, December 18, 2014

collisions with the Infinite...

I came across a facebook post about Suzanne Segal, 
and as it happens sometimes I feel somehow electrically compelled 
to follow up for more information. I want to read the book she wrote. 
It's on my amazon wish list. If I still feel strongly that I want to read it I can buy it in a couple days. Or, maybe tomorrow, or this evening. But, best to wait a little
 to see if the feeling persists beyond this now to a future now.

~)(~

One day in 1982, while boarding a bus in Paris,  27 year old  Suzanne Segal experienced a sudden shift in her consciousness. She described the experience in her book, Collisions With the Infinite:
"I lifted my right foot to step up into the bus and collided head-on with an invisible force that entered my awareness like a silently exploding stick of dynamite, blowing the door of my usual consciousness open and off its hinges, splitting me in two. In the gaping space that appeared, what I had previously called 'me' was forcefully pushed out of its usual location inside me into a new location that was approximately a foot behind and to the left of my head. 'I' was now behind my body looking out at the world without using the body's eyes."

No comments: