Thursday, December 25, 2014

music as the reset button...

Ah, Christmas Day!
Every year, around mid-morning I usually "see" all the wrapping paper 
that now lies in tatters on the floor around the Christmas tree, 
children busy playing with their new gifts,
and all the good food that is being prepared for families everywhere -
 particularly in America.

While I am happy that other people get so much out of this holiday 
I personally don't invest a whole lot of energy in it any more.
After a noon meal of roast chicken, baked potatoes, 
and steamed kale, and topped off with pecan pie, 
I was ready for a nice long nap on the living room couch
 along with my two kitties.

In spite of not really getting into the holiday festivities
 it still feels like a holiday to me so no work related activities today.
 I felt like seeing if anything would catch my eye on Netflix streaming, 
and happened across the movie "Frequencies".
I highly recommend this movie. One of the more important lines in the movie is 
"Music is the reset button. In particular, the music of Mozart." 
Mozart's music helps us unify our individual frequencies.

~)(~


God with us...



No comments: