Sunday, July 8, 2018

the little things...

Yesterday evening I heard a banging noise that I thought it was coming from inside the house. More banging. So, I decided to see if someone was at the front door, and sure enough. It was G--, one of my elderly neighbors. (There IS a doorbell, and it works!) His wife works, and he is often lonely. And is, or pretends to be, hard of hearing - I can't tell which. Consequently, he likes to get in my face, and I do my best to avoid it as inconspicuously as possible. So, yesterday I just lowered the window on the screen door and spoke to him through the screen. He got angry with me and ordered me, in his heavy German accent, to open the door...barking out "I have a cheesecake pie, and I made it to give to you. Eat it, and tell me what you think of it." Seriously, not the most courteous of people. I let him save face by asking "Are you OK? You seem a little upset." Then he became shame-faced, lowered his voice, and said “no, he wasn't feeling all that well. The heat was getting to him.” 

It's July in Florida. Tempers can flare more easily.

~ ) 0 ( ~ 

...a cat named Pretty Boy - who once upon a time lived in my house...

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Clever way to handle your neighbor.