Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just saying Hi!

Not much news to report...I am sorting through my fabric and sewing supplies for two or three reasons. # 1 is that the Friendship Knot Quilt Guild is having a stash sale on Monday. That means the members can purchase the use of a table at the meeting to sell unwanted fabrics and sewing supplies. The proceeds from the table cost will be donated to All Faith's Food Bank. I plan to donate the proceeds from the evening to the food bank, as well. #2 is that I have become "somewhat" friends with a family of four who homeschool their children. The daughter wants to learn how to sew, and I'm donating some fabrics that I think she and/or her girlfriends might enjoy working with. I remember my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Madeira, gave some of the girls in her class that year bags of fabrics left over form her sewing projects. It meant a LOT to me! I can do that for other people, too. #3 is that I overstocked fabrics/supplies for my present circumstances. No regrets...now I get to pass it on or pay it forward! Also working on finishing up 6-7 Cathedral Window projects. I like to take them to the point of requiring borders, and then get them all ready for that stage. It has been up to 95* here. last night some heavy dark clouds rolled in and I thought sure we'd get rain. Nope, not us but I sure hope someone did.

No comments: