Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stash Sale at the Quilt guild

Well, that was interesting and fun! It looked like there were approx. 20 tables of vendors. The $10. cost per table went to the All Faith's Food Bank. Table set up was from 6:00-6:45. Business meeting as usual, as well as "show and tell" which is really my favorite part of attending quilt guild meetings. Then the fun began, with about 85 women swarming the tables to get the bargains! Let me tell you...some of these women have more fabric in the stash sale than I buy in several years, but so what...we can't take our money or fabrics with us when we expire! Every so often someone rang a bell and everybody had to stand stock still while they called out two numbers for door prizes. I sold about half of the items I took along and donated the proceeds to the food bank. I had also taken a lot of sewing notions, etc for the free table, and those were all gone by the end of the evening. And I got a quilt book from the free table, and purchased a yard of irresistible fabric with elephants on it from the woman next to me. On my way out the door I ate the last piece of the guild's 25 anniversary celebration cake, came home and watched the movie Wrestler. Now, that was a whole 'nother world! Whew! It's been rainy and raining here for several days. I love it! Soon enough we'll be hankering for some sunshine, I'm sure.

No comments: