Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hump Day Mini Featurette for September 8th, 2010

Woodnique's Bio


Hi!  My name is Jeff McCollum. I am a lifelong woodworker. I have done everything from custom work on yachts, advertising items, custom furniture, stage sets and props, and so many other things, it's hard to remember it all. As I get older I have learned to make smaller, more unique items.



I moved to the Missouri Ozark Mountains in 1981 and have come to love and appreciate the beauty that is abundant in this part of our country.



Woodnique is founded on the principle of "Recycle, Renew, Re-use". I typically use wood that is reclaimed/reused, repurposed, or simply, picked up off the ground.



I make great quality, environmentally friendly items at affordable prices. I typically use recycled, found, and other alternative materials in creative ways. My items are interesting, unique and generally have a rustic flair. The wood typically has unusual grain paterns, knots, mineral streaks, holes, and is all natural. These design elements add uniqueness and beauty to the finished product.This gives me the opportunity to hand-select wood for each item. Many of my creations are made from wood I get from city tree trimmers before it goes to a landfill or burn pile. My products start as a chunk of rough wood and are completely handcrafted by me. I'm always on the lookout for cool stuff to use.



The beauty of each piece can only barely be seen in photographs. It is difficult to capture the pleasure of holding the piece in your hand, feeling its unique energy, or watching the 3D effect when the light hits it a certain way.



I hope you enjoy my unique items as much as I enjoy making them. These pieces are crafted to honor and share nature's astonishing beauty and raise other people's awareness of their increasing rarity and value.



More items will be coming soon! Check back often. If there is something that you see but maybe want a different type of wood, please send me a message and I would be happy to create something special just for you.~


NOTE: During the week of this store feature there will be a scrolling widget of Woodnique's shop on the upper right side of the page. Thank you for your interest! Sarah

No comments: