Wednesday, July 8, 2015

focal point of consciousness...

~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Q. “I find it hard to grasp what exactly you mean by saying that you are neither the object nor the subject. At this very moment, as we talk, am I not the object of your experience, and you the subject?”
Maharaj “Look - my thumb touches my forefinger. Both touch and are touched. When my attention is on the thumb, the thumb is the feeler and the forefinger - the self. Shift the focus of attention and the relationship is reversed. I find that somehow, by shifting the focus of attention, I become the very thing I look at and experience the kind of consciousness it has; I become the inner witness of the thing. I call this capacity of entering other focal points of consciousness ‘love;’ you may give it any name you like. Love says, ‘I am everything.’ Wisdom says, ‘I am nothing.’ Between the two my life flows. Since at any point of time and space I can be both the subject and the object of experience, I express it by saying that I am both, and neither, and beyond both.”
I Am That - Chapter 57
~)(~
Zafu Meditation Cushion by ZafuChi on etsy  
 Zafu Meditation Cushion. White Cotton Twill Fabric. 
Hand decorated with Sharpie pens. Buckwheat Hull filled. 
Ready to Use. HANDMADE USA

No comments: