Monday, October 12, 2015

prayers that are made out of grass...

"Every day I see or hear something that more or less kills me with delight,
 that leaves me like a needle in the haystack of light. 
It was what I was born for - to look, to listen, to lose myself inside this soft world - 
to instruct myself over and over in joy, and acclamation. 
Nor am I talking about the exceptional, the fearful, the dreadful, the very extravagant - 
but of the ordinary, the common, the very drab, the daily presentations. 
Oh, good scholar, I say to myself, 
how can you help but grow wise with such teachings as these -
 the un-trimmable light of the world, 
the ocean’s shine, 
the prayers that are made out of grass?"
~ Mary Oliver,"Mindful"
~)(~

Pink Muhly (Ornamental) Grass

 seeds available at CaribbeanGarden on etsy

No comments: