Sunday, January 22, 2017

p.s. your life is calling...

Years ago, a psychologist friend told me I had what she considered an "insufficient ego". I can see now that she had a good point. At the time, I had moved from the semi-cult and closed community with a very sheltered way of life that I grew up in to a picture with a considerably larger frame, and vastly different world view. It took a number of years to bring aspects of myself up to speed - (whatever that is anyway!). I had had a spiritual awakening in my late 20's while still in the community, but was seriously lacking in knowledge of how some aspects of 3D life worked. Especially in different frames of reference than I was familiar with up to that point. One example is that when I first started watching TV around age 30 (give or take a few) I was unaware that TV shows had hired actors and actresses. I thought these things were actually happening to those men, women and children.  And that the events in the movies had actually happened.

Now I can see that being shaken to the core of one's being, accepting the upheaval, allowing the bits and pieces and various parts to settle into a new way of life, allowing some parts to disappear forever, and seeing things in a completely new way is not necessarily comfortable, but maybe it's not altogether a bad thing in the bigger picture of life. Collectively, Americans (2017) may be experiencing such a makeover.
  
"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. 
We grow sometimes in one dimension, 
and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. 
We are mature in one realm, childish in another. 
The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, 
forward, or fix us in the present. 
We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."
~ Anaïs Nin

And, because a girl (and her furkids) needs to eat and be able to pay her bills...
OOAK - made by etsyeller zafuchi - click here for availability

Zafu Meditation Cushion. Dorm Pillow. Round Floor Pillow. Repurposed Cotton fabric. Hibiscus in Pink. Buckwheat Hulls. 6"Sidewall Zipper. 15x5. USA made


No comments: