Monday, February 16, 2015

refining consciousness to a high spiritual state...

"Human consciousness does not emerge at any depth 
except through struggling with our shadow. 
I wish someone had told me that when I was young.
 It is in facing our conflicts, criticisms, and contradictions that we grow up. 
We actually need to have some problems, enemies, and faults! 
We will remain largely unconscious as a human being
 until issues come into our life that we cannot fix or control 
and something challenges us at our present level of development,
 forcing us to expand and deepen. 
It is in the struggle with our shadow self, 
with failure, or with wounding, 
that we break into higher levels of consciousness. 
I doubt whether there is any other way. 
People who refine this consciousness to a high spiritual state,
 who learn to name and live with paradoxes, 
are the people I would call prophetic speakers. 
We must refine and develop this gift"
~Richard Rohr

No comments: