Thursday, January 2, 2014

witness and celebration as attitude...

"Develop the witness attitude and you will find 
in your own experience that detachment brings control. 
The state of witnessing is full of power, 
there is nothing passive about it." 
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj~
~~~
 "Happiness is one pole, sadness is another. 
Blissfulness is one pole, misery is another.
 Life consists of both, 
and life is a ritual because of both. 
A life only of blissfulness will have extension, 
but will not have depth. 
A life of only sadness will have depth, 
but will not have extension. 
A life of both sadness and blissfulness is 
multi dimensional; it moves in all dimensions together. 
Watch the statue of Buddha or sometimes 
ook into my eyes and you will find both together -- 
a blissfulness, a peace, a sadness also.
You will find a blissfulness which contains in it sadness 
also, because that sadness gives it depth. 
Watch Buddha's statue -- blissful, but still sad. 
The very word 'sad' gives you wrong connotations -- 
that something is wrong. This is your interpretation.

To me, life in its totality is good. 
And when you understand life in its totality, 
only then can you celebrate; otherwise not. 
Celebration means: whatsoever happens is irrelevant -- 
I will celebrate. Celebration is not conditional on certain things:
'When I am happy then I will celebrate,' or, 
'When I am unhappy I will not celebrate.' 
Celebration is unconditional; I celebrate life. 
It brings unhappiness -- good, I celebrate it.
 It brings happiness -- good, I celebrate it. 
Celebration is my attitude, 
unconditional to what life brings."
~osho~

No comments: