Wednesday, February 12, 2014

exactly how conscious are you?

“So it begs the question what is a master? What is a Master? You’ve had a lot of notions and concepts and beliefs. You’ve looked at others as they might be Masters. You’ve had examples in the past – hundreds, thousands years ago – of supposed Masters. But what is a Master?

A Master is one who is conscious of their consciousness. They are aware. That’s pretty much it. Pretty much it. They’re aware. You can throw in a lot of other words – enlightened and everything else – but it’s really the awareness.

Most humans, they know that they are living. Even though they’re desperately trying to have feeling in their life, life in their life, they know they’re living through their suffering, through their lack, through things they don’t have. Oh yes, at times through romance and love and accomplishment, but mostly, mostly they’re not aware of themselves. They’re not conscious of their consciousness.

Indeed, they get up in the morning and go about their routines – routines that have been very deeply programmed in – but never, if very seldom, do they stop and say, “Ah, I exist. I Am. I Am.”

The Master – the Master knows they are conscious, conscious of their consciousness. It’s that simple. A simple, simple awareness – “I Am. I exist. Here I am, nothing else matters. Not what came before me, not what happened in another lifetime, not what happened yesterday. It doesn’t matter. I Am in this moment.” That’s a Master.”

Adamus
The Discovery Series
SHOUD 6: “Discovery 6”
February 1, 2014

No comments: